Skip to main content

Romantic Suspense Annotation


Brown, S. (2019). Outfox. New York, NY: Grand Central Publishing.

Goodreads. (n.d.). Outfox. Retrieved from https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43211810-outfox?from_search=true&qid=onTcayXAn8&rank=1

Wyatt, N., & Saricks, J.G. (2019). The readers' advisory guide to genre fiction (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: ALA Editions.

Comments

  1. Good annotation! I like how you linked characteristics of the genre to the specific book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This title has been really popular at my branch recently. Great job summarizing it, it sounds wonderful . I've never read anything from Sandra Brown before. Your characteristics also really help flesh out the summary. Great job and full points!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Suspense Annotation

Blackstock, T. (2016). If I run. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. Goodreads. (n.d.). If I run.  Retrieved from  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26263487-if-i-run?from_search=true&qid=7hQuyywhNl&rank=1 Wyatt, N., & Saricks, J.G. (2019). The readers' advisory guide to genre fiction (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: ALA Editions.

Mystery Annotation

Galbraith, R. (2013). The Cuckoo’s Calling. New York, NY: Mulholland Books. Goodreads. (n.d.). The Cuckoo’s Calling . Retrieved from https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16160797-the-cuckoo-s-calling?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=RqotMb7flr&rank=2 Wyatt, N., & Saricks, J.G. (2019). The readers' advisory guide to genre fiction (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: ALA Editions.

Special Topics: Passive Readers' Advisory

I don’t know everything, but I do have a lot of deep-rooted opinions.   I feel that a lot of humans in 2020 are accustomed to finding information on their own and are less prone to ask for assistance.   I feel that plenty of people will follow the direction that they’re given.   I believe that one bad experience can often cloud an opinion and result in an unjustified, poor Google review.   I believe many people are mentally taxed and need a break so gentle nudges are appreciated.   I believe that the bulk of humans walking around these days needs entertained constantly due to their regular stimuli and this poses an interesting task to every business out there to stay interesting and relevant.   As a library director, these opinions coupled with my mission to push materials and stay a relevant, useful tool to the community means that I employ a lot of passive readers’ advisory at my branch.   Yes, patrons will often ask me for recommendations and I’m ...